North State Pulmonary Nodule Clinic
Lung cancer is the leading single cancer killer in the USA.
The Lung Nodule Clinic provides patients with an opportunity to screen for pre-cancerous lung nodules, before they progress into lung cancer. The goal is to reduce lung cancer mortality with low dose Computer Tomographic Screening.
For further information, contact us at 530-244-8269
- Patients between the ages of 50-77 years old, asymptomatic (no signs or symptoms of lung cancer).
- Tobacco smoking history of 20 pack years which is defined as, smoking one (1) pack a day for 20 years or two (2) packs a day for 10 years.
- Current smoker, or previous smoker within the last15 years.
- Patient has received a written order for LDCT Lung Cancer Screening from a physician, physician assistance, nurse practitioner, or clinical nurse specialist.
- Patients will be excluded based on metal implants, pacemakers, metal rods in back or actively being treated for cancer.
- If patient has had a diagnostic CT prior to screening process they must wait 1 year before a LDCT is done. It will be the responsibility of staff to follow up with patient
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR MEDICARE APPROVED LUNG CANCER SCREENING?
If you answer YES to the questions you may qualify for a screening.
1. – ARE YOU BETWEEN THE AGES OF 50 AND 77?
2. – ARE YOU ASYMPTOMATIC?
- Show NO signs or symptoms of lung cancer such as:
- Persistent cough
- Chest pain Shortness of breath
- Unexplained weight loss
- Hoarseness Chronic bronchitis